|Resource ID: xxx|
A Chipset is created with a 3D Printer, and inserted into the Cyber Warfare Suite to drain, repair or boost firewalls of an enemy or your own ship. They appear as a Red (offensive), Green (defensive) or Blue (maintenance) colored circuit board with a plastic outer frame. To install a Chipset, target the slot on the far right side of the Cyber Warfare Suite.
- These should not be confused with a Cartridge which is used in the Data Core Terminal to boost various ship systems, and appear as a circuit board completely enclosed in a dark blue case.
In PvP, if you try to hack an NPC station, it will immediately make you wanted and apply a penalty of -500 reputation.
Each Chipset requires 10 gold, 10 silicon and either 10 iridium for draining firewalls, or 10 platinum for repairing and boosting firewalls. All chipsets have a limited life and will "burn out" after the stated time.
A Chipset can have the following stats:
- Red Circuit Board
- Green Circuit Board
- Repair Firewall: Applies a set regeneration rate to a firewall, eg: 1.12 / tick.
- Repair Firewall Percentage: Applies a percentage based regeneration rate on a firewall (faster when the firewall is stronger).
- Repair Firewall Pulse: Restores a fixed amount after a set amount of ticks, eg: 93 / each 113 ticks.
- Blue Circuit Board
- Repair Hacked System: Applies a set regeneration rate to a hacked firewall, eg: 1.40 / tick.